[Libguestfs] Bug report.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 12:55:31 UTC 2018

Sorry I missed this email before - it arrived at just the
wrong time before the weekend.

The error is:

> KVM_GET_IRQCHIP failed: Unknown error -25

25 is ENOTTY Inappropriate ioctl for device

I'm guessing that there is a problem with your host kernel.  I wonder
if it's too old for the corresponding version of qemu or something
like that.  Libguestfs is the "canary in the coal mine" here, it's the
first thing you see going wrong, but likely this machine couldn't run VMs
anyway.

So a qemu or kernel problem of some kind, you might have more luck
asking on one of the qemu developer forums:

  https://www.qemu.org/contribute/

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW