[Libguestfs] v2v: -o rhv-upload - oVirt imageio random I/O APIs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 12:47:18 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:20:13AM +0000, Nir Soffer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated the random I/O documentation patch:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/89022/
>
> I would to get your comments on this before we complete the implementation.

I want to check a couple of things:

(1) The OPTIONS request uses path ‘/images/%2A’ (ascii encoding of
‘*’).  That is literally what is sent over the wire?

(2) We can make the OPTIONS request without needing to send an
Authorization header or having any ticket or disk in mind?  This is
necessary because the NBD protocol requires us to send back the
'can-trim' (etc) flags very early on, long before we have created a disk.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW