[Libguestfs] Compilation on OL7.4 - Tests fail (possibly) due to libyajl

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 12:25:59 UTC 2018

[Let's keep replies on the list please]

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 02:16:31PM +0200, Claudio Sasso wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> thanks for the suggestions; I think I have a more fundamental
> problem here, as after I added yajl, it complained about hivex, then
> about augeas. But for now I would be content with a working build,
> and later address the underling root cause if any, so for now I am
> adding them all; but I am stuck with libiconv as I have built it
> manually, so it's not a package. What could be a "proper" way to add
> it to the supermin image?
>
>    $  make quickcheck

>    + guestfsd --verbose
>    guestfsd: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2:
>    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>    + sync
>    + test '' = 1
>    + reboot -f
>
>    $ ldd /tmp/supermin.d/usr/sbin/guestfsd
>
>        libiconv.so.2 => /home/vm/install/lib/libiconv.so.2
>    (0x00007fc03464d000)
>
> I could not check the linkage with ./run virt-rescue --scratch, as
> the shell appears to be blocked whatever command I type. Here's the
> output (some of the errors may be the root cause of all that? on the
> same system build 1.34 works, built following the same recipe):
>
>    $ ./run virt-rescue --scratch
>    [    0.168448] usbserial: usb_serial_init - usb_register failed
>    [    0.169093] usbserial: usb_serial_init - returning with error -19
>    supermin: mounting /proc
>    supermin: ext2 mini initrd starting up: 5.1.19 glibc
>    Starting /init script ...
>    [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf:11] Unknown group 'utmp'.
>    [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf:19] Unknown user 'systemd-network'.
>    [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf:20] Unknown user 'systemd-network'.
>    [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf:21] Unknown user 'systemd-network'.
>    [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf:25] Unknown group 'systemd-journal'.
>    [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf:26] Unknown group 'systemd-journal'.
>    starting version 219
>    specified group 'input' unknown
>    /init: line 120: ip: command not found
>    /init: line 121: ip: command not found
>    mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
>       WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to device
>    scanning.
>    mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
>    [
>    ]
>    guestfsd: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2:
>    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>    ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>    Welcome to virt-rescue, the libguestfs rescue shell.
>
>    Note: The contents of / (root) are the rescue appliance.
>    You have to mount the guest’s partitions under /sysroot
>    before you can examine them.
>
>     ><rescue> ldd /usr/sbin/guestfsd
>    .... wait forever ...

There's obviously some big problem going on.  You could try this:

  supermin5 --build \
    /path/to/libguestfs/appliance/supermin.d \
    -o /tmp/root -f chroot

and see if /tmp/root/usr/lib64/libiconv.so.2 is being copied from
the host.

To find out why it's not working, keep adding -v options to the
supermin command line to enable more and more debug, and compare it to
the source:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/supermin/blob/master/src/mode_build.ml#L85

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v