[Libguestfs] virt-v2v 1.38 fails to convert .vmx VM: setfiles ... Multiple same specifications for /.*.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 17:41:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 02:03:17PM +0000, Зиновик Игорь Анатольевич wrote:
>   Hello.
>
> I'm trying to convert VMware based virtual machines (CentOS 7.2) and output them into oVirt.
> virt-v2v fails with following error:
> setfiles: /sysroot/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same specifications for /.*.
>
> File `file_contexts' looks same like in recent CentOS 7.4. My conversion server is Fedora 28 (Rawhide), since
> it contains virt-v2v 1.38.

This has got to be a bug of some kind in the SELinux ‘setfiles’
program.

What happens if you run these commands (which should be safe to run
because they only operate on a throw-away overlay):

  qemu-img create -f qcow2 throwaway.qcow2 /mnt/knp1-vm-otp02/knp1-vm-otp02.vmdk
  virt-customize --selinux-relabel -a throwaway.qcow2
  rm throwaway.qcow2