[Libguestfs] [Qemu-devel] How to emulate block I/O timeout on qemu side?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 17:49:55 UTC 2018

On 11/2/18 3:11 AM, Dongli Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to emulate I/O timeout on qemu side (not fault injection in VM
> kernel) without modifying qemu source code?

You may be interested in Rich's work on nbdkit.  If you don't mind the
overhead of the host connecting through NBD, then you can use nbdkit's
delay and fault-injection filters for inserting delays or even
run-time-controllable failures to investigate how the guest reacts to
those situations

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266