[Libguestfs] [collectd] collectd leaks SIGCHLD == SIG_IGN into plugins

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Nov 13 11:00:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

thank you very much for reporting this! Sounds like a bug in the exec plugin –
it never ceases to amaze me how many issues a single plugin can have ;)

> > > This means that any plugin that does the usual pattern of:
> > >
> > >   pid = fork ();

Note that the exec plugin is the *only* plugin that does this. All other
plugins are forbidden to fork(), popen() or create new processes in any other
way. The only plugin doing that, the exec plugin, has had enough issues over
the years for me to feel justified in that decision. ;-)

As mentioned before, a Github issue would be appreciated so we can properly
track this problem.

Thanks and best regards,
—octo
--