[Libguestfs] Further nbdkit patches for Haiku

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 16:24:22 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 02:18:34PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 03:09:16PM +0100, François Revol wrote:
> > Possibly use something like this?
> >
> > qemuioargs="-f raw"
> > qemu-io -h | grep -- -f > /dev/null 2>&1 || qemuioargs=""
> >
> > qemu-io $qemuioargs ...
> >
> > Seems to work here.
>
> Yes we could do something like that, but perhaps with a better name
> such as ‘$qemu_io_format_raw_args’.

I looked into this further.  Unfortunately although we are able to
work around the missing ‘-f’ flag using this technique, we are still
no closer to having the tests pass.  This old qemu does not support
various other features we need, at least:

 - newstyle protocol

 - --image-opts parameter

 - TLS client

It looks a bit hopeless trying to get the nbdkit tests to work with
this version of qemu, although of course this is only a test and does
not stop nbdkit itself from working (eg. if you use a non-qemu client
or qemu client is running on another machine).