[Libguestfs] Plan for 1.40

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 17:02:16 UTC 2018

On Friday, 2 November 2018 14:22:21 CET Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I feel it's been many months since we had a stable release and we've
> added some significant new features in that time, notably support for
> v2v to OpenStack.
>
> If you have anything that you'd like to get in before 1.40 then let me
> know by following up.

I have two things:

- switch virt-2v to ocaml-libvirt:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2018-August/msg00293.html
(locally updated to libvirt-ocaml on libvirt.org, and rebased)

- add a Shutdown button/option in virt-p2v (RHBZ#1642044)
Almost done, still needs some fight with GTK 2/3.

- uninstallation of VMware tools from Windows guests
I have an initial prototype that seems to work (although I did not test
with all the Windows versions released in the last 15 years); I need to
refactor some code to avoid a big copy&paste, and test it a bit more.

--
Pino Toscano