[Libguestfs] Plan for 1.40

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 21:15:37 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 06:02:16PM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:
> On Friday, 2 November 2018 14:22:21 CET Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > I feel it's been many months since we had a stable release and we've
> > added some significant new features in that time, notably support for
> > v2v to OpenStack.
> >
> > If you have anything that you'd like to get in before 1.40 then let me
> > know by following up.
>
> I have two things:
>
> - switch virt-2v to ocaml-libvirt:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2018-August/msg00293.html
> (locally updated to libvirt-ocaml on libvirt.org, and rebased)

I definitely think we should do this, but I think we should do it
after 1.40 is out, as basically the first commit after the release.
It's too big a change to do suddenly just before the stable release
and the new libvirt-ocaml isn't widely available in distros.  (I
thought I said this in the review, but I can't find it in the mailing
list archives right now ...)

> - add a Shutdown button/option in virt-p2v (RHBZ#1642044)
> Almost done, still needs some fight with GTK 2/3.
>
> - uninstallation of VMware tools from Windows guests
> I have an initial prototype that seems to work (although I did not test
> with all the Windows versions released in the last 15 years); I need to
> refactor some code to avoid a big copy&paste, and test it a bit more.

That's fine, we can wait for these.