[Libguestfs] virt-builder fail with "bridge ‘virbr0’ not found" (fixed by LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=direct ?!)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 13:00:47 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 04:22:36PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:49 PM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 02:27:44PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:

> > Try

> > > OK, now it is clear why bypassing libvirt avoids this issue.
> > >
> > > So maybe I'm missing some libvirt package required for creating the
> > > bridge?
> > >
> > > libvirt is installed by vdsm, which requires:
> > > libvirt-client
> > > libvirt-daemon-config-nwfilter
> > > libvirt-daemon-kvm
> > > libvirt-lock-sanlock
> > > libvirt-python
> >
> > virbr0 is provided by the libvirt default virtual network, which
> > sets up NAT based forwarding
> >
> > VDSM doesn't want this network connectivity so it doesn't install
> > the libvirt default network, hence you don't have any virbr0.
> >
> > You can get it by installing the libvirt-daemon-config-network RPM
> >

> So maybe libguestfs-tools-c should depend on it?

It should probably only be a "Recommends", but yes I agree.  (Also
it's a dependency of libguestfs itself, not just the tools, since
anything that wants networking might need it.)

I pushed this change to Fedora 30+:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/libguestfs/c/3c0504323ef572cfe0b6d8158d4c61c9e49ce7f7?branch=master