[Libguestfs] cloud-init in virt-builder images

Jonathan Wright jonathan at knownhost.com
Wed Apr 3 14:34:03 UTC 2019

I've noticed that none of the images from virt-builder have cloud-init
in them by default.  The documentation reads to me as if the OS vendor's
official cloud images are the ones used as the sources for the generated
images but I'm assuming this is wrong.

I know for a fact CentOS's cloud images from
https://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/ and Ubuntu's from
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/bionic/ have cloud-init installed and
enabled already.

Where are the images sourced from if not these official images?

I understand I can install cloud-init with virt-builder but I'm trying
to figure out what OS-distributed images are in use so I may determine
what else is different from expectations.

--
Jonathan Wright
KnownHost, LLC