[Libguestfs] supermin (chroot+systemd.resolved) - network cannot be configured on Ubuntu

Ioanna Alifieraki ioanna-maria.alifieraki at canonical.com
Mon Apr 15 09:52:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am facing the following bug while runnign guestfish on Ubuntu Bionic
onward,
where the network cannot be configured :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/supermin/+bug/1824236

The actual problem is the combination of (a) supermin and the fact that it
does chroot
and (b) a dhclient hook present in Bionic
(/etc/dhcp/dhclient-eneter-hooks.d/resolved)
that overwrites the make_resolv_conf function of dhclient_script with one
that
in the end restarts the systemd.resolved service.
Being, however in chroot, the new make_resolv_conf function fails with
"System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't
operate."
and the network is left unconfigured.

Although there is a workaround for this, I am seeking for a better solution.
I would like to ask you if this is the expected behaviour of supermin or
something
that needs fixing.

Thank you in advance.

Best,