[Libguestfs] nbdkit random seek performance

ivo welch ivo.welch at ucla.edu
Sun Aug 4 00:23:49 UTC 2019

Hi Rich---we were running qemu and nbdkit on the same machine, connecting
over tcp. after updating to the latest development version of nbdkit
(containing the commits you mentioned), everything works perfectly. running
bonnie++ inside the guest indicates that connecting qemu to nbdkit has
performance similar to or better than connecting qemu directly to the disk
image.  thanks a lot for your work and advice--we just wanted to drop you
this note to tell you about our experience, in case someone else ends up
having similar questions.

regards,

/ivo and arthur

 --