[Libguestfs] Debian 10 with libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 12:15:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 12:03:15PM +0200, Julian Hyordey wrote:
> As I said, it works, but you just forgot to modifiy /etc/hosts :
>
> 127.0.1.1       ibm-p8-kvm-03-guest-02.virt.pnr.lab.eng.rdu2.redhat.com

Yes this is broken in several images including the Ubuntu ones.

It took me a long time to work out why it happens.  It turns out that
it's because qemu uses 10.0.2.15 as a default address while
installing, and that happens to reverse to some random machine on Red
Hat's network.  When guests install they try to self-determine their
hostname from their IP address, so this happens.

There's no a great deal I can do about this, but you can set your
own hostname using the --hostname option.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v