[Libguestfs] OCaml 4.09.0 rebuild complete in Rawhide (was: Re: OCaml 4.09.0 will be added to Fedora 32 via a side tag)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 16:31:06 UTC 2019

This is now complete and soon the new packages will be merged into
Fedora Rawhide:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-2e0b2d6395

A few non-critical packages failed to build, and I will look at these
later unless someone gets around to it before me.  The failures are
listed at the end.

Notable changes:

 - Release notes: https://ocaml.org/releases/4.09.0.html

 - ocaml-camlp4 (grammar extensions) has finally been deprecated.  All
   dependent packages were retired already in Fedora 31, and
   ocaml-camlp4 itself will soon be retired.  Use ocaml-camlp5 or PPX
   extension points instead.

 - ocamlopt -p (native profiling with gprof) has been removed
   upstream.  Their argument is that there are better tools (eg perf)
   and they work fine with OCaml code.
   https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/issues/2314

 - ocaml-x11 (various demo-level APIs for accessing X11 directly) was
   moved out of the OCaml distribution upstream.  While we might
   consider packaging this separately, my advise is to use Gtk etc
   instead.

 - caml_named_value returns a const pointer.  While this is correct,
   it also broke a couple of our packages and will require upstream
   fixes.

 - RISC-V support should be in better shape.

Rich.

ocaml-tplib
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1420345
ocaml-p3l