[Libguestfs] Fedora 29 guestfish not working

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 11:36:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tuesday, 22 January 2019 19:03:36 CET CHANU ROMAIN wrote:
> supermin: resolving full list of package dependencies
> supermin: exception: Librpm.Multiple_matches(2)
> libguestfs: error: /usr/bin/supermin exited with error status 1, see
> debug messages above

This happens because librpm reports more than 1 RPM matching a NEVRA
(Name/Epoch/Version/Release/Architecture), e.g.
bash-4.4.23-6.fc29.x86_64.  Unfortunately the error reporting does not
provide all the information needed, I just sent a couple of patches to
improve it:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2019-January/msg00200.html

Nevertheless, you can run supermin manually to get more information on
the "problematic" situation:
$ mkdir /tmp/appliance
$ supermin --build --verbose --verbose -f ext2 \
  /usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d -o /tmp/appliance
The verbosity level 2 will print more details, including the package
considered problematic.

--
Pino Toscano