[Libguestfs] Missing hivex.h error when compiling on macOS 10.14 (Mojave)

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 08:38:19 UTC 2019

Hi Tim,

On Sunday, 21 July 2019 18:31:58 CEST Tim Perfitt wrote:
> I am attempting to compile Hivex (v1.3.18) and am getting a "handle.c:47:10: fatal error: 'hivex.h' file not found" error. I see that hivex.h is not included in the source and I suspect it is created during the configure phase. Full build log below. Any ideas of how this file is created and why it wasn't created?

lib/hivex.h is generated by the OCaml generator, see
generator/generator.ml.  However, the files generated by that tool are
statically shipped in the release tarballs to avoid requiring OCaml to
build hivex.

It looks to me you are not building a release tarball -- perhaphs you
are building some autogenerated source tarball from github?  If so,
do not use them.

--
Pino Toscano