[Libguestfs] small question regarding ovirt

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Mar 31 18:44:06 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 10:55:43PM +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Small questoin: when running the P2v hard disk image, and I want to convert
> a phyical machine to oVirt, to which machine do I connect when the GUI
> starts? one of the nodes or the hosted engine? (i'm not talking about the
> URL).

You need a machine (or it can be a VM) with virt-v2v installed, and
that is what you connect to.  It's called the "conversion appliance"
in the docs.  I can't quite remember if virt-v2v is installed on the
nodes by default - if it is you could use one of those.  If not then
bring up a VM in oVirt running Fedora/CentOS/whatever and ‘yum install
virt-v2v’ on it.