[Libguestfs] nbdkit build failure in Koji

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Aug 1 07:46:11 UTC 2020

One thing I noticed which is a bit odd is:

$ rm file; for f in {0..1023}; do printf '%1024s' .; done > file; stat -c "%b %B" file
2048 512
$ rm file; for f in {0..1023}; do printf '%1024s' . >> file; done ; stat -c "%b %B" file
3968 512

The second method is how we currently create the file.  Since looking
through the history there seems to be no reason for that I'm going to
push a commit which changes file creation to the first method, and it
may be slightly faster too.

However it makes me wonder if the file is not laid out in a single
extent and if that might be causing our problems.  Being only able
to reproduce this on Koji makes a bit tedious to test theories :-(

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW