[Libguestfs] Long running nbdkit instances seem to leak memory

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 09:36:20 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 10:56:58AM +0300, Nikolay Ivanets wrote:
> May I ask for self-education, how did you conclude memory leak, based on
> that, I guess, 'ps' output?

ps output isn't very informative, although it shows a large virtual
size.  The real information came from looking at /proc/PID/maps and
/proc/PID/smaps which show very large numbers of 8MB anonymous
segments, which could be caused by malloc never being freed (or just
fragmentation - I'm not clear right now).