[Libguestfs] Trying to use libnguestfs for a virtual machine on manjaro

James Swartz jamess7995 at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 30 04:17:50 UTC 2020

Hello, I'm trying to follow a million and one guides online so that I can enable GPU passthrough and get a virtual machine running for windows so I can just open that window to game. Right now I'm experiencing two issues, virtual machine manager is complaining about libguestfs, and the guest machine runs really slowly, while only outputting as a window on my host machine, but only displaying a weird firmware thing on the gpu output. Ill answer the questions below, and then paste the output from libguestfs-test-tool at the end.

Thanks!

jamess7995 at pm.me

James S.

What are you trying to do?

Run a virtual machine of windows on Manjaro

What exact command(s) did you run?

I installed using the gui package manager(pamac) on manjaro, I'm just opening the virtual machine manager to see the error.

What was the precise error or output of these commands?

[image]

Enable debugging, run the commands again, and capture the complete output, do not edit the output.

Basically got no output if that's all I was supposed to run

[james at jamesbuild1 ~]$ export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1
[james at jamesbuild1 ~]$ export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1
[james at jamesbuild1 ~]$ export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1
[james at jamesbuild1 ~]$ export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1
[james at jamesbuild1 ~]$

Include the version of libguestfs, the operating system version, and how you installed libguestfs (eg. from source, yum install, etc.)

libguestfs 1.42.0-4 on Manjaro 5.10.0-1

Output of libguestfs-test-tool

* IMPORTANT NOTICE
*
* When reporting bugs, include the COMPLETE, UNEDITED
* output below in your bug report.
*
libguestfs: trace: set_verbose true
libguestfs: trace: set_verbose = 0
libguestfs: trace: set_verbose true
libguestfs: trace: set_verbose = 0
LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1
LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1
PATH=/home/james/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
SELinux: sh: getenforce: command not found
libguestfs: trace: add_drive_scratch 104857600
libguestfs: trace: get_tmpdir
libguestfs: trace: get_tmpdir = "/tmp"
libguestfs: trace: disk_create "/tmp/libguestfsvE2Jy4/scratch1.img" "raw" 104857600
libguestfs: trace: disk_create = 0
libguestfs: trace: add_drive "/tmp/libguestfsvE2Jy4/scratch1.img" "format:raw" "cachemode:unsafe"
libguestfs: trace: add_drive = 0
libguestfs: trace: add_drive_scratch = 0
libguestfs: trace: get_append
libguestfs: trace: get_append = "NULL"
guestfs_get_append: (null)
libguestfs: trace: get_autosync
libguestfs: trace: get_autosync = 1
guestfs_get_autosync: 1
libguestfs: trace: get_backend
libguestfs: trace: get_backend = "direct"
guestfs_get_backend: direct
libguestfs: trace: get_backend_settings
libguestfs: trace: get_backend_settings = []
guestfs_get_backend_settings: []
libguestfs: trace: get_cachedir
libguestfs: trace: get_cachedir = "/var/tmp"
guestfs_get_cachedir: /var/tmp
libguestfs: trace: get_hv
libguestfs: trace: get_hv = "/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64"
guestfs_get_hv: /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64
libguestfs: trace: get_memsize
libguestfs: trace: get_memsize = 768
guestfs_get_memsize: 768
libguestfs: trace: get_network
libguestfs: trace: get_network = 0
guestfs_get_network: 0
libguestfs: trace: get_path
libguestfs: trace: get_path = "/usr/lib/guestfs"
guestfs_get_path: /usr/lib/guestfs
libguestfs: trace: get_pgroup
libguestfs: trace: get_pgroup = 0
guestfs_get_pgroup: 0
libguestfs: trace: get_program
libguestfs: trace: get_program = "libguestfs-test-tool"
guestfs_get_program: libguestfs-test-tool
libguestfs: trace: get_recovery_proc
libguestfs: trace: get_recovery_proc = 1
guestfs_get_recovery_proc: 1
libguestfs: trace: get_smp
libguestfs: trace: get_smp = 1
guestfs_get_smp: 1
libguestfs: trace: get_sockdir
libguestfs: trace: get_sockdir = "/run/user/1000"
guestfs_get_sockdir: /run/user/1000
libguestfs: trace: get_tmpdir
libguestfs: trace: get_tmpdir = "/tmp"
guestfs_get_tmpdir: /tmp
libguestfs: trace: get_trace
libguestfs: trace: get_trace = 1
guestfs_get_trace: 1
libguestfs: trace: get_verbose
libguestfs: trace: get_verbose = 1
guestfs_get_verbose: 1
host_cpu: x86_64
Launching appliance, timeout set to 600 seconds.
libguestfs: trace: launch
libguestfs: trace: max_disks
libguestfs: trace: max_disks = 255
libguestfs: trace: version
libguestfs: trace: version = <struct guestfs_version = major: 1, minor: 42, release: 0, extra: , >
libguestfs: trace: get_backend
libguestfs: trace: get_backend = "direct"
libguestfs: launch: program=libguestfs-test-tool
libguestfs: launch: version=1.42.0
libguestfs: launch: backend registered: unix
libguestfs: launch: backend registered: uml
libguestfs: launch: backend registered: libvirt
libguestfs: launch: backend registered: direct
libguestfs: launch: backend=direct
libguestfs: launch: tmpdir=/tmp/libguestfsvE2Jy4
libguestfs: launch: umask=0022
libguestfs: launch: euid=1000
libguestfs: trace: get_cachedir
libguestfs: trace: get_cachedir = "/var/tmp"
libguestfs: begin building supermin appliance
libguestfs: run supermin
libguestfs: command: run: /usr/bin/supermin
libguestfs: command: run: \ --build
libguestfs: command: run: \ --verbose
libguestfs: command: run: \ --if-newer
libguestfs: command: run: \ --lock /var/tmp/.guestfs-1000/lock
libguestfs: command: run: \ --copy-kernel
libguestfs: command: run: \ -f ext2
libguestfs: command: run: \ --host-cpu x86_64
libguestfs: command: run: \ /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d
libguestfs: command: run: \ -o /var/tmp/.guestfs-1000/appliance.d
supermin: version: 5.2.0
supermin: package handler: arch/pacman
supermin: acquiring lock on /var/tmp/.guestfs-1000/lock
supermin: build: /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d
supermin: reading the supermin appliance
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/base.tar.gz type gzip base image (tar)
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/daemon.tar.gz type gzip base image (tar)
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/excludefiles type uncompressed excludefiles
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/hostfiles type uncompressed hostfiles
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/init.tar.gz type gzip base image (tar)
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/packages type uncompressed packages
supermin: build: visiting /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/udev-rules.tar.gz type gzip base image (tar)
supermin: mapping package names to installed packages
supermin: resolving full list of package dependencies
supermin: failure: failed to parse epoch:version-release field 29-1.0
libguestfs: error: /usr/bin/supermin exited with error status 1, see debug messages above
libguestfs: trace: launch = -1 (error)
libguestfs: trace: close
libguestfs: closing guestfs handle 0x561a8f5462c0 (state 0)
libguestfs: command: run: rm
libguestfs: command: run: \ -rf /tmp/libguestfsvE2Jy4