[Libguestfs] Cross-project NBD extension proposal: NBD_INFO_INIT_STATE

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 22:12:34 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 03:37:20PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> For now, only 2 of those 16 bits are defined: NBD_INIT_SPARSE (the
> image has at least one hole) and NBD_INIT_ZERO (the image reads
> completely as zero); the two bits are orthogonal and can be set
> independently, although it is easy enough to see completely sparse
> files with both bits set.

I think I'm confused about the exact meaning of NBD_INIT_SPARSE.  Do
you really mean the whole image is sparse; or (as you seem to have
said above) that there exists a hole somewhere in the image but we're
not saying where it is and there can be non-sparse parts of the image?

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v