[Libguestfs] [help] failed to launch guestfs in different Openstack environment

Phoenix.Y.Wang at dell.com Phoenix.Y.Wang at dell.com
Wed Feb 12 10:29:57 UTC 2020

Hello guys,

        This is Phoenix from Dell and we now have one strange issue related to launch guestfs in Openstack environment.  In Openstack of our lab,  guestfs can be launched successfully within one SLES12 instance.  While when our SLES12 instance is deployed in customer's Openstack,  we see guestfs cannot be launched.  And also the error message is ambiguous :

[cid:e6918586-90ff-46c7-b0d3-97e48ac9a22a]

        Do you have any idea whether there is some settings in Openstack ( such as KVM setting, libvirt setting ...)  will prevent guestfs from launching ?   Or is there any method for us to retrieve further debugging information ?   We have enable debug option in guestfish command : "guestfish -x -v --ro -a ./7f489bbb-a0c3-42bc-9f55-35db948d5575?"

       Thanks a lot !

Regards,

Phoenix