[Libguestfs] Plans for nbdkit 1.18 release?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Sat Feb 22 11:11:01 UTC 2020

> Eric:
>
> Did you want to take this one any further?  It might be one that we
> save for > 1.18:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2020-February/thread.html#00206

At this point, I'm thinking save it for post-1.18 (we've already got
enough churn on VDDK with LD_LIBRARY_PATH changes).

> Another thing I've been thinking about for some time is splitting
> .config_complete into .config_complete + .get_ready (new name TBD).
> At the moment .config_complete is both the place where we finish
> processing config, and also the last chance we get to set things up
> before the server forks.  Of course such a change would not be
> material — .get_ready would always be run immediately after
> .config_complete — but it cleans up the API a little.

How would it play with --dump-config?  Right now, we allow that to run
after .config but before .config_complete, precisely so that language
bindings can accept the first .config to determine their script name,
and then consult the script for any further config help.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226