[Libguestfs] 回复: 回复: bug report

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 10:04:18 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 04:33:18PM +0800, 谢威 wrote:
> Hi,Richard:
>        I use /bin/virt-copy-in  failed , virt-copy-in  have no diff with other nomarl machine(work well ) ,
>       /bin/virt-copy-in: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libguestfs.so.0: undefined symbol: json_string_length

It seems like a problem with CentOS.  The symbol is used by libguestfs
in several places, eg:

  https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/c5eec6c17b55812d1bcba853999421711ee441eb/lib/info.c#L80

and should be provided by the jansson package:

  $ nm -D /usr/lib64/libjansson.so.4 | grep json_string_length
  0000000000008620 T json_string_length

> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
> virt-copy-in 1.40.2rhel=7,release=5.el7_7.3,libvirt

CentOS 7.2 is quite old, although it seems like the libguestfs version
is from 7.5.  Would it be possible to upgrade to something a bit
newer?  The latest is CentOS 7.8 and it should be a straightforward
upgrade.

If upgrading doesn't help then you should file a bug with the CentOS
bug tracker to tell them that the program has been built incorrectly:

  https://bugs.centos.org/main_page.php