[Libguestfs] virt-v2v - Window firstboot service questions

Sam Eiderman sameid at google.com
Thu Jul 23 09:28:17 UTC 2020

Hi,

It seems that on Windows we create the following dir:

/Program Files/Guestfs/Firstboot/

Where '/' is the os volume (where /Windows reside)

Is it possible that Program Files is not actually located on the os volume?
(i.e. C:\Windows, D:\Program Files on original vm)

Does virt-v2v or even libguestfs's inspect_os() even support that?
(Looking around in the code tells me that if the Windows vm has
multiple volumes, or even if the os drive letter is not 'C:', virt-v2v
will not work correctly)

Wouldn't it be safer to create the Guestfs dir directly on root, and
not use the Program Files if it might be on a different volume?

Sam