[Libguestfs] nbdkit build failure in Koji

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 31 12:36:58 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 01:07:16PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>Hi Eric,
>
>I wonder if you have any thoughts about this build failure in
>tests/test-nozero.sh?
>
>  https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=48259627
>  log: https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/9762/48259762/build.log
>
>The error is “nozero6.img was trimmed by mistake”.  I added “set -x”
>to the script earlier today so we can see exactly what's wrong, and it
>is that:
>
>  ++ stat -c %b nozero2.img
>  ++ stat -c %b nozero6.img
>  + test 4096 '!=' 2048
>  + echo 'nozero6.img was trimmed by mistake'
>
>AFAICT what this means is that nozero2.img is growing during the test
>(from 2048 to 4096 blocks).  When I run the test locally this file
>stays at 2048 blocks the whole time, and the test does not fail.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that means that ALL images from 2 up to 5 grew
from 2048 to 4096 and only image #6 was kept at the original size, if I am
reading the code correctly.

It still does not help me to understand it, but it might help you.

The only other thing would be to check the size instead of the number of blocks.
But I would be surprised if the block size changed.