[Libguestfs] Fuzzing Questions

habib dan aouta danaoutah at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 18:28:37 UTC 2020

So I installed Libnbd which worked fined and then I was trying to run  Libnbd-fuzz-wrapper.c and with afl using :
afl-fuzz -i fuzzing/testcase_dir -o fuzzing/sync_dir -M fuzz01 \./fuzzing/libnbd-fuzz-wrapper @@

 when I try that command it gives me an error saying Libnbd-fuzz-wrapper.c is not an EFL  binary.  Then I tried to compile Libnbd-fuzz-wrapper.c first into an executable file and then I get the following error:
libnbd-fuzz-wrapper.c:130:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'nbd_connect_socket' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   nbd_connect_socket (nbd, sock);

I also added the #include<libnbd.h> into the Libnbd-fuzz-wrapper.c but still getting the same error.

Finally I ran this command : ld -lnbd —verbose and I found out libnbd library is missing
attempt to open //usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/local/lib64/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/local/lib64/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //lib64/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //lib64/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/lib64/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/lib64/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/local/lib/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/local/lib/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //lib/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //lib/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/lib/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/lib/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib64/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib64/libnbd.a failed
attempt to open //usr/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib/libnbd.so failed
attempt to open //usr/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib/libnbd.a failed
ld: cannot find -lnbd