[Libguestfs] Fuzzing Questions

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 18:52:08 UTC 2020

[Please keep replies on the mailing list]

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 02:46:07PM -0400, habib dan aouta wrote:
> I installed Libnbd-1.0.0. I downloaded it from this link
> http://download.libguestfs.org/libnbd/1.0-stable/
> <http://download.libguestfs.org/libnbd/1.0-stable/> and then
> uncompressed it on linux ubuntu and then I followed the steps on the
> GitHub readme to run with AFL-fuzz on this link
> https://github.com/libguestfs/libnbd/blob/master/fuzzing/README
> <https://github.com/libguestfs/libnbd/blob/master/fuzzing/README> .

Since fuzzing is a relatively experimental feature it's probably best
to start with the git repository:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libnbd

To build from git you will need a few extra dependencies, but it's all
described in the README.

Anyway after building it from source, the binary for fuzzing can be
found in fuzzing/