[Libguestfs] Revisiting minimum OCaml version

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 20:19:39 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 10 March 2020 14:37:15 CET Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I think we should move the minimum to 4.05 since that covers
> everything except the old Ubuntu LTS (and that's their fault for
> releasing an LTS with a version of OCaml which was already nearly 2
> years out of date, and not updating it in the meantime).

Makes sense: switching to 4.03 solves enough of the "desiderata" for
us, however nothing ships that as also you correctly point out.

Before bumping the version (and using the newer features), the
branching/tracking scheme for libguestfs-common ought to be sorted out,
otherwise the stituation starts to be messy.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano