[Libguestfs] Build failure of libnbd

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Oct 17 07:48:40 UTC 2020

[Adding libguestfs mailing list]

I reproduced it locally - the difference was installing "gcc-go".
I only had golang-bin installed previously.  With gcc-go installed:

  ../run go install libguestfs.org/libnbd
  write of Go pointer 0xc000016060 to non-Go memory 0x7f5fe8297390
  fatal error: Go pointer stored into non-Go memory

  runtime stack:
  runtime_mstart
  	../../../libgo/runtime/proc.c:593

Notice that these two packages both provide /usr/bin/go, using
alternatives:

  $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/go
  golang-bin-1.15.3-1.fc34.x86_64
  gcc-go-10.2.1-5.fc34.x86_64
  $ ll /usr/bin/go
  lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 20 Oct 15 12:46 /usr/bin/go -> /etc/alternatives/go

So the easy fix is to remove gcc-go from your Dockerfile.

However I will take a look at why gcc-go doesn't work, as I guess we
ought to try to support both, or if gcc-go cannot work then we ought
to reject it in ./configure.