[Libguestfs] Debugging libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 07:46:10 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 10:58:02PM +0000, Alexander Prada wrote:
> Here is the updated libguestfs-test-tool output after the command below:
>
> echo /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtsk.so.19 > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/guestfs
> /supermin.d/zz-libtsk

> supermin: if-newer: output does not need rebuilding

supermin didn't rebuild the appliance for some reason.  It should have
done because of this code, so I wonder why that didn't happen.

https://github.com/libguestfs/supermin/blob/4c019aedf3e6bff79746f99cb2fcba44e039d552/src/supermin.ml#L232-L251

You might try straceing supermin to see if it really does a stat on
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/guestfs/supermin.d.

To force the appliance to rebuild you can remove /var/tmp/.guestfs-*
and run the test again.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW