Re: [Libguestfs] Build failure of libnbd

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:08:26PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:48:13PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
The list of packages is something I will have to go through anyway,
for not it is just a list taken from libvirt CI container with bunch
of things added for libnbd.

Ideally it should be driven from ”dnf builddep libnbd”, directly or
indirectly.  For golang ...

Well, I was aiming for upstream, not just Fedora.  Also that would not work when
you add a new dependency.  I think of CI as something that should strive to work
and not take any extra time once it is properly set up.  But who knows, maybe I
won't finish it.

The ultimate goal with this is to have
automatically updated repository like libnbd-go that looks exactly
how golang developers want it so that they can consume it the usual
way and it should also be properly tagged whenever a tag is updated
in the upstream repository.  The fact that there are some checks
shouldn't hurt, right? ;-)

... we would have to add golang as an extra dep since we don't build
it in Fedora.

Again, upstream, plus the fact that testing less than what's possible is
undesirable in my opinion as it defeats the purpose of CI, especially when it
does not really that any extra effort.

Rich.