[Libguestfs] Build failure of libnbd

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 18 12:36:03 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:03:36AM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:08:26PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:48:13PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> >>The list of packages is something I will have to go through anyway,
> >>for not it is just a list taken from libvirt CI container with bunch
> >>of things added for libnbd.
> >
> >Ideally it should be driven from ”dnf builddep libnbd”, directly or
> >indirectly.  For golang ...
> >

> Well, I was aiming for upstream, not just Fedora.  Also that would
> not work when you add a new dependency.  I think of CI as something
> that should strive to work and not take any extra time once it is
> properly set up.  But who knows, maybe I won't finish it.

I see - sounds like we need a machine-readable cross-distro way to
describe dependencies.  Ideally in groups, like "minimal"
dependencies, "test only", "maximum features" etc.  We could even
translate these automatically or semi-automatically into spec files,
debian directory etc.  This would be nice to have but I'm not aware of
a way to do this.  Didn't Andrea describe something like this
recently?