Re: [Libguestfs] question about libguestfs

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:52:52AM +0800, ssacpklnm wrote:
> 1.  When I call inspect_os on a vmdk file containing windows system,
> guestfish throws a Hivex.Error, I have installed hivex.

There's not really enough information here to help.  What you
should do is enable debugging:

https://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#debugging-libguestfs

That will produce a lot of output which can help us to narrow down the
problem.

Note that sometimes hivex will throw a real error because of some real
problem with the Windows guest.

> 2. After I call umount_local() through python, the thread hangs to
> the foreground, unable to proceed, and there is no log, but
> mount_local() works on my program.

Need a bit more information here as well.  Is there a small reproducer
of this problem?

Rich.