[Libguestfs] LVM flakey failures

Sam Eiderman sameid at google.com
Thu Apr 8 15:59:21 UTC 2021

Yes, that's what I understood, but for some reason the appliance stayed on
v241 no matter what I did so I started questioning the foundations :-).
I guess it was just cached somewhere since when I rebuilt the docker from
scratch it worked.

One more thing, I had to:

echo "/lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-248.so" >> appliance/hostfiles.in

Since this file name is obviously version dependent, but now it seems that
it's using systemd/udev v248 properly.

Now I'm stress testing with it trying to see if I get a reproduction
(hopefully not).

I wonder if this bug is linux wide, at least in terms of libguestfs, and
was it just not reported so far.
I could try using the appliances from libguestfs.org to see if I get a
reproduction with them as well.

Something tells me this isn't just debian specific.

Sam