[Libguestfs] [libguestfs/libguestfs] can't build with golang-1.16 (#65)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 10:02:13 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 08:37:25AM -0700, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> my build seems to go ok but fails due to an incomprensible failure
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/532489876/
> buildlog_ubuntu-hirsute-ppc64el.libguestfs_1%3A1.44.1-1ubuntu1ppa2_BUILDING.txt.gz
> gcc: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program lto1
>
> maybe I have to disable -flto in the new gcc...

I couldn't follow that link, but if GCC is crashing in lto1 then it
would probably be caused by LTO, so disabling it is the only way to
proceed.

We have also disabled LTO in Fedora builds of libguestfs, because
there's a bug in handling mixed C/OCaml files, see:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/Y3WTAS3MJ5WNNVVYPXARFXV6A6QH6KEY/