[Libguestfs] LVM flakey failures

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 13:01:21 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 03:51:22PM +0300, Sam Eiderman wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance but I am not sure how to inject the newer systemd/udev
> into the appliance.

If you're using supermin then it should just happen as soon as you
upgrade it on the host system.

> Debian is always pretty slow on adding the latest code so I'm guessing I need
> to compile systemd/udev from source here (v248).
>
> However, will supermin use my installed binaries or will it download the
> package from the apt repo?

It copies the installed binaries in, but they must be known to dpkg
(IOW you must build a new systemd_<VERSION>.deb file and install it).

https://libguestfs.org/supermin.1.html#SUPERMIN-APPLIANCES

Rich.