[Libguestfs] [libguestfs/libguestfs] Is it possible to mount the entire disk raw? (#72)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 09:45:35 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 02:40:30AM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
> There is qcowmount as a similar project, but it has the disadvantage of not
> being able to write.
> Is it possible to mount the whole disk to the host like this?

nbdfuse, part of the libnbd project, can do this (with writes).  In
fact there is an example of doing exactly this in the manual:

https://libguestfs.org/nbdfuse.1.html#Use-qemu-nbd-to-read-and-modify-a-qcow2-file
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd

By the way I would be extremely wary of any tool which claims to
process qcow2 files but is not using qemu code to do it.  nbdfuse uses
qemu-nbd (ie qemu code).