[Libguestfs] nbdcpy: from scratch nbdcopy using io_uring

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jul 10 07:57:56 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 03:03:19AM +0530, Abhay Raj Singh wrote:

> I managed to get the reading from the server part of nbdcpy working
> (queuing new requests after a socket gets free etc.), the writing to
> destination part is not being executed due to some sneaky bug I hope
> to find  it soon.

Cool!  I was following your git repo and watching some of the changes
you'd made.

Just to let you know I'm on holiday until Thursday, but you can keep
looking at the write bug and sending emails and I'll catch up as soon
as I get back.

> This zero-copy TCP receive API looks promising should I pursue it further
> https://lwn.net/Articles/752188/

I wonder how this interacts (if at all?) with io_uring.

I'm not committed to any particular way to make nbdcopy faster.  Any
method that makes it faster on Linux is good as far as I'm concerned.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW