[Libguestfs] nbdcpy: from scratch nbdcopy using io_uring

Abhay Raj Singh rathod.sahaab at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:00:00 UTC 2021

In a previous email, Mr. Jones suggested, writing a test implementation of
nbdcopy from scratch. First of all, thank you, Mr. Jones, as I got a better
perspective of the problem and the solution.

I have almost written the bare-bones implementation for handling
NBD-related stuff on which I will base the io_uring core piece by piece. It
is written in C++, as I am more comfortable with it. But, made it easily
translatable to C.

I have been working on a solution and have documented the current approach,
it would be great if you have a look at it and let me know what you think.

Approach document:
https://gitlab.com/rathod-sahaab/nbdcpy/-/blob/dev/docs/SOLUTION.md

Thanks and regards,
Abhay