[Libguestfs] Figuring out some failing tests for libnbd

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 15:11:45 UTC 2021

I am preparing more patches for CI to run check-valgrind and fix ongoing
errors but there are two issues I can not identify the reason why they
are failing.

- On debian-10 the info/info-can.sh started failing and the error
   message is just one of those I saw earlier in other places:

     libnbd: debug: nbd1: nbd_opt_abort: leave: error="nbd_opt_abort:
     invalid state: READY: the handle must be negotiating: Invalid
     argument"

- On Fedora rawhide I hit a random issue where a port in a URI was
   translated to its name and looking at the code I can not find how this
   could have happened.  Until this is fixed the test suite is unreliable
   and notification fatigue will cause everyone to start ignoring any
   future failures.

     /builds/nertpinx/libnbd/tests/.libs/aio-connect: actual URI
     nbd://127.0.0.1:altova-lm/ != expected URI nbd://127.0.0.1:35355/

- Both openSUSE builds are failing to run check-valgrind and it looks
   like it might be unrelated to libnbd, although it would be nice for
   someone else to confirm that.  For now I have disabled check-valgrind
   on those platforms in my branch.

- Similarly to openSUSE Ubuntu 20.04 fails in valgrind tests, but
   somewhere down the GnuTLS rabbit hole, which I presume is unrelated
   too, so I disabled check-valgrind on that one as well.

I will send the patches once they are cleaned up, but I wanted to let
everyone know what the current status is because eliminating all random
issues is essential to properly consuming CI results.

Thanks,
Martin