[Libguestfs] Help, it’s not working!

Adrien ponsinadrien at gmail.com
Thu May 6 18:50:54 UTC 2021

Hi,

I can't get virt-sysprep to work.

What are you trying to do?
- I want to clean a virtual machine before creating a template from it.

What exact command(s) did you run?
- sudo virt-sysprep -v -x -a /var/lib/libvirt/images/centos_8_stream.qcow2

I use sudo because centos_8_stream.qcow2 belongs to root:root. If I change
the permissions to access it without superuser permissions, the error is
the same.

What was the precise error or output of these commands?
- Find attached the output of the previous command.

Command executed to retrieve output: sudo virt-sysprep -v -x -a
/var/lib/libvirt/images/centos_8 _stream.qcow2 > output.log 2>&1

Include the version of libguestfs, the operating system version, and how
you installed libguestfs (eg. from source, yum install, etc.)
- virt-sysprep 1.42.0,
- libguestfs 1.42.0-5
- Linux lap-001-1 5.12.1-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun, 02 May 2021 12:43:58
+0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Library installed this way: yay -S libguestfs

URL of the package:
https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/libguestfs/

Thanks!

Best regards,