[Libguestfs] question about support for almalinux or centOS stream images? [EXTERNAL]

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 13 14:39:33 UTC 2021

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 02:37:27PM +0000, Barrette, Paul wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> thanks for the confirmation.  I am looking into see how the cached
> images that are downloaded initially are made,
> e.g. $HOME/.cache/virt-builder/fedora-33.x86_64.2.  I would like
> build one so that I can test out alma linux.  Is this a dd image?
> Looks like:

It uses this long and very hairy script:

https://github.com/rwmjones/guestfs-tools/blob/master/builder/templates/
https://github.com/rwmjones/guestfs-tools/blob/master/builder/templates/make-template.ml

You probably want to concentrate on the bits there that mention
centos, and also look at the files in the surrounding directory.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v