Re: [Libguestfs] question about support for almalinux or centOS stream images? [EXTERNAL]

Thanks, I will take  a look.

Pb

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 10:40 AM
To: Barrette, Paul <Paul Barrette curtisswright com>
Cc: libguestfs redhat com
Subject: Re: question about support for almalinux or centOS stream images? [EXTERNAL]

WARNING:  This message came from an external source. Please exercise caution and proper judgment when opening any attachments, clicking links or responding to this message.

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 02:37:27PM +0000, Barrette, Paul wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> thanks for the confirmation.  I am looking into see how the cached
> images that are downloaded initially are made, e.g.
> $HOME/.cache/virt-builder/fedora-33.x86_64.2.  I would like build one
> so that I can test out alma linux.  Is this a dd image?
> Looks like:

It uses this long and very hairy script:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/rwmjones/guestfs-tools/blob/master/builder/templates/__;!!NVq9dfhzMyHqTw!05Yd01X3JcSbUjApv3-afDssnsoX_qqhjJ_cReT6nLMtr-7UwJWf0hPmf0iqioLHYou-8r97$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/rwmjones/guestfs-tools/blob/master/builder/templates/make-template.ml__;!!NVq9dfhzMyHqTw!05Yd01X3JcSbUjApv3-afDssnsoX_qqhjJ_cReT6nLMtr-7UwJWf0hPmf0iqioLHYqIZ9yBl$

You probably want to concentrate on the bits there that mention centos, and also look at the files in the surrounding directory.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://people.redhat.com/*rjones__;fg!!NVq9dfhzMyHqTw!05Yd01X3JcSbUjApv3-afDssnsoX_qqhjJ_cReT6nLMtr-7UwJWf0hPmf0iqioLHYowFWOih$
Read my programming and virtualization blog: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://rwmj.wordpress.com__;!!NVq9dfhzMyHqTw!05Yd01X3JcSbUjApv3-afDssnsoX_qqhjJ_cReT6nLMtr-7UwJWf0hPmf0iqioLHYhdywr_Q$

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attached files. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Curtiss-Wright Corporation or any of its subsidiaries. Documents attached hereto may contain technology subject to government export regulations. Recipient is solely responsible for ensuring that any re-export, transfer or disclosure of this information is in accordance with applicable government export regulations. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Curtiss-Wright Corporation and its subsidiaries accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.