[Libguestfs] CI for libnbd is now active

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue May 18 08:03:03 UTC 2021

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:43:15PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> I have (finally) pushed the CI enablement patches upstream and can see
> the pipeline running already here:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/pipelines
>
> Clicking on the status opens it up, amongst other clickable objects are
> the stage icons.
>
> I managed to fix the easier issues, but there are still more which I do
> not know how to solve (and for some of them I tried more than I
> should've).

Thanks for pushing this.

Looking at: https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/pipelines/304554718
What do grey circles (eg. x64-centos-stream-8) mean?

FAIL: info-list-uris.sh looks like it fails reliably on centos 8 so
I'll have a look into that one.

On Debian 10 (and also RHEL 7) several tests fail because they
implicitly require nbdkit >= 1.14, the first version that allowed you
to omit the size= parameter prefix on the memory plugin.  I will fix
that soon.

https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/jobs/1270049102 is caused by
qemu-storage-daemon being broken in qemu 6.0.0.  See:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/218 and
https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg808666.html
I'm not sure there's an easy workaround on the libnbd side.