[Libguestfs] CI for libnbd is now active

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue May 18 08:48:10 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 09:03:03AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:43:15PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
>> I have (finally) pushed the CI enablement patches upstream and can see
>> the pipeline running already here:
>>
>>   https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/pipelines
>>
>> Clicking on the status opens it up, amongst other clickable objects are
>> the stage icons.
>>
>> I managed to fix the easier issues, but there are still more which I do
>> not know how to solve (and for some of them I tried more than I
>> should've).
>
>Thanks for pushing this.
>
>Looking at: https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/pipelines/304554718
>What do grey circles (eg. x64-centos-stream-8) mean?

It's probably "scheduled" to be run, e.g. if you restarted the job,
until it gets allocated a "CI runner".  There is a limit on how many
jobs can be running at the same time.  You can also encounter it when
the whole pipeline is started - the build jobs wait for the container
images to be built first.

>FAIL: info-list-uris.sh looks like it fails reliably on centos 8 so
>I'll have a look into that one.
>
>On Debian 10 (and also RHEL 7) several tests fail because they
>implicitly require nbdkit >= 1.14, the first version that allowed you
>to omit the size= parameter prefix on the memory plugin.  I will fix
>that soon.
>
>https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/jobs/1270049102 is caused by
>qemu-storage-daemon being broken in qemu 6.0.0.  See:
>https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/218 and
>https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg808666.html
>I'm not sure there's an easy workaround on the libnbd side.

I see the fedora-33 container that I built locally has
qemu-storage-daemon-5.1.0, but fedora-34, which passes all tests, has
5.2.0.

Also I should've added "legally" here:

   https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/blob/master/ci/README.rst#L87