[Libguestfs] oVirt import from VMware

Alan Daniels alan at softdrive.co
Wed May 19 22:37:00 UTC 2021

Thanks, I'll look into VDDK.

Attached a screenshot of the disk from the VM's perspective.
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe definitely exists (confirmed it). It's Windows
10 (Microsoft Windows 10 x64 from VMware's point of view) - build 2004
19041.985.

Maybe the file transfer had an issue (running ovftool), since the resulting
OVA file was 128 GB, while the VM is 450 GB thick provisioned with more
than 128 GB in use. What would the expected OVA size be here?

ovftool did say that the transfer completed successfully and I've run it
twice where it stopped at 128 GB both times.

[image: image.png]
Text version of the screenshot:
Disk 0 - 450 GB
579 MB NTFS System Reserved partition