[Libguestfs] libnbd flamegraph Odd benchmark results

Abhay Raj Singh rathod.sahaab at gmail.com
Sat May 29 18:43:28 UTC 2021

That might be the reason

I have 8GB(7.7) of ram I verify 7.4 available by running in
tty only mode and it gets filled pretty quickly (vmstat)
Strange thing is that this also happens at size=1G.

Command I am running is

sudo perf record -a -g --call-graph=dwarf -F 300 ./sparse-random-test.sh

``` libnbd/profiling/sparse-random-test.sh
../../nbdkit/nbdkit -U - sparse-random size=16G --run "MALLOC_CHECK_=
../run nbdcopy \$uri \$uri"
```

-F doesn't affect the result much, it decreases the sampling rate to avoid
CPU/IO overload caused by perf.

On a related note, what should I fill as server requirements in the OSU
open source lab application
asking for a test server?
I was thinking that a dedicated server unit with 16-32GB, 1TB should be
enough.

Regards,
Abhay