[Libguestfs] guestfish with support Microsoft ReFS

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 17:05:35 UTC 2022

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 01:51:51PM +0100, Gottschalk wrote:
> i asked you to support Microsoft ReFS in guestfish some weeks ago.
>
> You answered me, it is easy to integrate another fs-driver into guestfish.
>
> So i have a propriate driver from paragon-software, which you can integrate.
>
> Is it possible to do this?

It should be straightforward.  ISTR it's a kernel module, so it should
just work.  Once the kernel on the host has been updated, libguestfs
will pull in the kernel module into the libguestfs appliance, and in
theory ReFS filesystems would be immediately mountable.

If their software also has extra tools - for example mount.refs to
create filesystems - then a small change would need to be made in
/usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d to copy those tools into the appliance.
But this should also be straightforward.  Does it come with tools?
Are they packaged as a distro package?

> If yes i will inform Paragon-Software to contact you directly.

I'm not so interested in talking about proprietary software with them.
I can give general advice however.